In this series, I’m going to be covering all of the components your business should have in place to achieve a truly optimized web presence. There are 3 key components to having a solid online presence:
- The Basics – Getting set up on Google, submitting to search engines, directories and citations.
- On-Site Optimization – All of those little details that help the search engines read and rank your website.
- Continued Growth & Link Building – Websites are a living, growing organism that need to be regularly updated with content, optimized and continuous link building.
Part 1: The Basics
Here are the initial items that should be set up for your website:
- Google Services
- Search Engine Submissions
- Google Search Console account (formerly Google Webmaster Tools)
- Bing Webmaster Tools account (includes Yahoo)
- Social Media Profiles
In Part 2 of this series, we’ll be covering all of the on-site optimization tactics necessary to be sure your website design is living up to it’s full potential and helping drive the traffic you need to grow your business.